Come and enjoy Christmas and New Year in the fantastic seaside town of Felixstowe.
Craft and gift fairs, musical treats, twinkling lights, ice skating and Santa too! Please check out our comprehensive 'Events Diary' for the full listing.
Saturday 30 November, 1000-1800
Felixstowe Christmas Craft Market and Lighting Up Day
Traditional Christmas craft market and the switching on of the lights by the Mayor.
Fantastic range of gift and food stalls to browse along Hamilton Road, Lions Club food and charity stalls at the Triangle along with Santa's Grotto, carol singing and live entertainment throughout the afternoon. A children’s candlelight parade (starting at 1630) along Hamilton Road leads up to the Christmas lights switch on at 1700.
Full details >>>
Wednesday 4 to Sunday 22 December
Santa's Ride around town with Rudolph
The Santa and Rudolph trailer will be making its tour of Felixstowe's streets and homes every December weekday evening between the 4-22 December (1800-2030).
In addition, they can be seen at Hamilton Road on Saturday 14 December (0930-1630), Lidl in Garrison Lane on Sunday 15 December (1000-1600), and at Morrison's on Saturday 21 (0930-1630) and Sunday 22 (1000-1600) December. Download the complete Santa's Ride around town with Rudolf route (in pdf format).
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December, 1000-1600
Christmas at Landguard Fort
Bring the whole family to Landguard Fort this Christmas for our fun trail.
Find all the answers in our festive themed rooms... then walk through the wardrobe to visit Father Christmas in his secret grotto. Entrance is by timed ticket. Please allow one to two hours to enjoy the whole experience. See Father Christmas arriving at the Fort each day at 1030. Note the Fort is also open to explore on these days.
Book tickets online at www.discoverlandguard.org.uk/attractions/landguard-fort/events/christmas-at-landguard-fort
Tuesday 3 to Saturday 7 December, Tuesday to Friday 1000-1700; Saturday 1000-1600
Charity Christmas Tree Festival
A wonderful display of decorated and glittering Christmas trees from various local charities and organisations.
Held at The Salvation Army in Cobbold Road.
Craft stalls, children's activities and refreshments. Official opening on Tuesday at 1800. Admission free.
Friday 20 to Monday 23 December, Friday, Saturday and Monday 1100-1900; Sunday 1000-1800.
Felixstowe Ice Rink
Synthetic rink at Great Eastern Square provided by Felixstowe Town Council and sponsored by the East of England Cooperative.
Grand opening by the Mayor on Friday 20 December at 1100.
There will also be rides for smaller children and stalls serving food and drinks. Admission free (including free skating).
Saturday 21 December to Sunday 5 January, various timings (please click on the link for full details)
This year's big panto at The Spa Pavilion.
The classic tale of Dick Whittington from the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company.
A magical experience of laughter, glittering costumes and plenty of 'he's behind you' for all the family.
Wednesday 25 December, 1000
St. Elizabeth Hospice: Christmas Day Dip
The 16th annual Christmas Day Dip in aid of the St. Elizabeth Hospice.
At 1000 hundreds of brave and adventurous Hospice supporters will race into the bracing waters.
There will also be hundreds of spectators cheering the dippers on so why not come along with your family and join in the fun.
- Visit him in his wonderful grotto at the Felixstowe Christmas Craft Market and Lighting Up Day on Saturday 30 November.
- Head to Landguard Fort for their special themed Christmas Trail, then walk through the wardrobe to visit Father Christmas in his secret grotto on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December.
- Enjoy Tea with Santa at Goslings Farm Shop, Garden Centre and Cafe in Trimley St. Martin from Monday 9 to Thursday 12 December.
- Tuck into breakfast with Santa at The Orwell Hotel on Sunday 15 and Saturday 21 December; Best Western Brook Hotel on Christmas Eve (Tuesday 24 December), alongside Carvery Lunches on Sundays 8, 15 and 22 December.
- Watch out for Santa's Ride around town with Rudolph. A tour of Felixstowe's streets and homes from Wednesday 4 to Sunday 22 December, plus special all day visits to Hamilton Road (Sat 14 Dec), Lidl in Garrison Lane (Sun 15 Dec) and Morrison's (Sat 21 and Sun 22 Dec).
- Santa will also be joining in the fun at the Trimley St. Mary Christmas Tree Switch On (Friday 29 November); Seaton Road Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar (Saturday 7 December); Kirton Church Christmas Bazaar (Saturday 7 December); and the 8th Felixstowe Scouts Christmas Fair (Saturday 14 December).
Glittering decorations and trees. Take the whole family and see them switched-on... Walton (Saturday 23 November); Trimley St. Mary (Friday 29 November); Felixstowe Town Centre (Saturday 30 November); and Kirton (Friday 6 December).
Our pick of the musical treats. Enjoy the sounds of The Big Band at Christmas at The Spa Pavilion (Sunday 1 December); the Suffolk Community Strings Christmas Celebration (Sunday 8 December); or a wonderful 'Christmas Cracker' concert from The Dorian Singers (Wednesday 11 December). Our local choirs are holding Christmas concerts: Orwell Connection (Tuesday 10 December); Variations (Wednesday 11 December); and Felixstowe Harmonies with their 'Let it Snow' (Saturday 7 December). The Two Sisters Arts Centre at St. Mary's Church in Trimley St. Mary has an evening of festive music and readings on Friday 20 December. Start 2020 in style with the annual Music in Felixstowe - New Year's Viennese Concert (Wednesday 1 January).
Turn back time and explore the Victorian Christmas Market inside the magnificent St. John's Church on Saturday 7 December.
'Christmas is not Christmas' without a visit to our wonderful churches and chapels for traditional children's crib services, Midnight Mass or a wonderful carol concert. Check out our 'Events Diary' for full details. St. Martin's Church in Trimley St. Mary is holding a traditional Crib Festival from Friday 29 November to Sunday 1 December.