Bring the children to Felixstowe this half-term for some great days out by the sea.
Check out our top 10 ideas.
1. Beach Treasures - join Beach Bonkers for A Tableful of Treasures on Saturday 1 June. 1100-1300 at the Visit Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre beach hut (opposite the Town Hall). Natural treasures to handle and explore. Then from 1400-1530, enjoy a Beachcombing Walk and discover what you can find. £4.00 per person. No need to book. Just turn up.
2. Abracadabra! - the Best Western Brook Hotel has a Spring Bank Holiday Family Fun Day on Monday 27 May (1200-1500). Enjoy a delicious carvery lunch, plus magician, children's entertainment and face-painting. Adults £9.95, children (under 8 years) £6.95. Pre-booking essential on 01394 278441.
3. The Big Screen - jump aboard a magic carpet for a half-term treat at the Palace Cinema, and the new Disney live action version of 'Aladdin' starring Will Smith.
4. Hide and Seek - visit magnificent Landguard Fort and explore the maze of rooms and passageways (great for a game of hide and seek!). From Saturday 25 May to Sunday 2 June (1000-1600), hunt out the answers to the clues with the fun Spring Half-term Trail. Normal admission charges apply, plus £1.50 for a trail sheet.
5. Ready, Steady, Go! - let them loose in Martello Park. Loads of green space to play a game of footie, rounders, run around or have some fun on the swings, slides and roundabouts. Get wet in the water fountains, then enjoy an ice cream at the little kiosks.
6. Active Kids - Premier Sport are holding fun activities at the Felixstowe Academy (Maidstone Campus) from Tuesday 28 to Friday 31 May (0900-1530), including multi-sports, PA musical theatre, football and gymnastics. £17.95 per child. Pre-booking essential on 01473 598005. Make a splash with the Half-Term Swimming Crash Courses at Colneis Community Pool (Tuesday 28 to Friday 31 May). £34.80 per child. Pre-booking essential on 01473 613269. Brackenbury Sports Centre have a Dance and Sports Camp on Wednesday 29 May (0900-1600). Suitable for ages 4-13 years. £15.00 per child. Pre-booking essential on 01394 200327.
7. Messy Hands - create, glue and paint! For kids who love to be creative, head to Crafty Coffee in Hamilton Road for various activities, including ceramic painting and decopatching. Various prices. 01394 270224.
8. Poptastic! - The Spa Pavilion have Pop Divas Live! on Thursday 30 May (1500). Get ready for the best songs from all your favourite female stars in one fabulous fun-packed tribute show. Tickets £15.00. Pre-booking essential on 01394 284962.
9. Messing about on the Water - have a go at sailing with the RYA 'Push The Boat Out' event at the Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club on Monday 27 May (1400-1730). Come suitably dressed and prepare to get wet! A free activity for all ages. There are also exciting powerboat rides (£5.00 per person) from 1000.
10. All the Fun of the Seaside - gentle thrills and spills at Ocean Boulevard and Manning's Amusements. Take a ride on the mini alligator roller coaster, zoom around in drifting go-karts, or play a game of Adventure Golf amongst the pools and lost world statues. Head to Felixstowe Pier and Forum Amusements for fun games, collect the tokens and claim a prize or two!