Give your mum a real treat in the seaside town of Felixstowe - with our great selection of special events, fabulous gift ideas and delicious lunches for Mother’s Day.
Pre-booking is essential for all of these.
- Best Western Brook Hotel has a Mother's Day carvery on Sunday 22 March. Served from 1200-2030. £11.95 main course per person. Children under 12 £6.50. Under 3's free. 01394 278441.
- Enjoy a Mother's Day lunch at The Orwell Hotel. £24.00 per person for two courses, £29.00 per person for three courses. Includes a gift for mum. 01394 285511.
- Down at Felixstowe Ferry, treat mum to some delicious fish and chips at the Ferry Boat Inn. 01394 284203.
Some treats to say just how much you care.
- Enjoy a wander through the award-winning Seafront Gardens, then end with a traditional cream tea with mum at The Cliff Top Cafe.
- Take mum to the Goslings Farm Shop in Trimley St. Martin for a yummy cake and pot of tea in the Garden Cafe, then pick up her favourite pot plant as a sweet-smelling gift.
- Indulge mum with a delicious afternoon tea: The Fludyers Hotel (Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 March, 1300-1600) - £18.50 per person, or £23.00 per person with a glass of champagne. The Orwell Hotel on Sunday 22 March - £17.00 per person. Includes a gift for mum.
- For the latest fashion accessories and clothing, explore the rails at Livia's Boutique and Russell Smith. Hills Jewellers and Boreham Christopher Jewellers are the places to pick up something sparkly - earrings, charms and bracelets.
- Create something unique for mum at Crafty Coffee in Hamilton Road. Paint up a ceramic or go decopatching. You could also sign her up for an art/craft course in town, such as those run by the Mrs I Craft Shop, Naomi Brangwyn (stained glass), Felixstowe Sewing School and Verena Daniels (fused glass).
- Rejuvenate the senses with a treatment or two for mum at the Tranquility Beauty Rooms in High Road East (01394 279399 https://goo.gl/3L772K); The Salon by Jennifer Louise Ltd in Hamilton Road (01394 276662 https://bit.ly/2US2nJa); or Serenity Health Beauty Wellbeing in Wolsey Gardens (01394 276223 https://bit.ly/2RGs92F).
- Music for Mother's Day weekend. Enjoy a Concert of Light Classics and Music from the Shows at the River of Life Church on Friday 20 March (1930). Featuring the Community Light Orchestra and Felixstowe Harmonies. Admission free. Rocking mums will love The Tina Turner Experience at The Spa Pavilion on Saturday 21 March (1930). Book on 01394 284962.
- Brighten up her home with sweet-smelling blooms and unique floral decorations... from Susan's Flowers in Walton High Street.
- Don’t forget your Mother’s Day card too... for a great selection, check out The Card Centre in Hamilton Road.