Give your mum a real treat in the seaside town of Felixstowe - with our great selection of special events, fabulous gift ideas and delicious lunches for Mother’s Day.
Pre-booking is essential for all of these.
- Best Western Brook Hotel has a Mother's Day special menu. Available from 1200-1530. £19.95 for up to three courses. 01394 278441.
- Down at Felixstowe Ferry, treat mum to some delicious fish and chips at the Ferry Boat Inn. 01394 284203.
- Enjoy a Mother's Day lunch at The Orwell Hotel. £23.00 per person for two courses, £28.00 per person for three courses. Includes a treat for mum. 01394 285511.
- Both The Alex on Undercliff Road West (01394 282958) and Café Bencotto on Hamilton Road (01394 276745) will have their full à la carte menu together with chef's specials.
- The White Horse at Old Felixstowe has meals from 1200. Two courses £18.95 or three courses £24.95. Includes a little gift for mum. 01394 277496.
- Steak Lobster & Co on the seafront has a special Mother's Day menu. One course £12.95, two courses £17.95, three courses £23.95. 01394 547257.
Some treats to say just how much you care.
- Enjoy a wander through the award-winning Seafront Gardens, then end with a traditional cream tea with mum at The Cliff Top Cafe.
- Take mum to the Goslings Farm Shop in Trimley St. Martin for a yummy cake and pot of tea in the Garden Cafe, then pick up her favourite pot plant as a sweet-smelling gift.
- Indulge mum with a delicious afternoon tea: at The Orwell Hotel (Sunday 31 March) - £16.95 per person, including a treat for mum; or The Fludyers Hotel (Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 March) - £17.00 per person, or £22.00 per person with champagne.
- For the latest fashion accessories and clothing, explore the rails at Livia's Boutique and Russell Smith. Hills Jewellers and Boreham Christopher Jewellers are the places to pick up something sparkly - earrings, charms and bracelets.
- Design unique yummy chocolate bouquets and fill bags with mum's favourite pick 'n' mix candy at Sweet Treats.
- Create something unique for mum at Crafty Coffee in Hamilton Road. Paint up a ceramic or go decopatching. You could also sign her up for an art/craft course in town, such as those run by the Mrs I Craft Shop, Naomi Brangwyn (stained glass), Felixstowe Sewing School and Verena Daniels (fused glass).
- Rejuvenate the senses with a treatment or two for mum at Stress-Less Health and Beauty Clinic in Walton High Street (01394 276090 https://goo.gl/ov3stT); Tranquility Beauty Rooms in High Road East (01394 279399 https://goo.gl/3L772K); or Serenity Health Beauty Wellbeing in Wolsey Gardens (01394 276223 https://bit.ly/2RGs92F).
- Escape to a world of big hearts and tall dark handsome men, with a romantic novel or two from Treasure Chest Books.
- Brighten up her home with sweet-smelling blooms and unique floral decorations... from Susan's Flowers in Walton High Street.
- Don’t forget your Mother’s Day card too... for a great selection and friendly personal service, check out the Flying Lady Wedding and Party Shop at Trimley St. Mary or Stillwater Books Limited and The Card Centre - both in Hamilton Road.