Celebrate Valentine's in Felixstowe, with our soppy strolls, romantic dinners, sweet treats and perfect pressies.
Cuddle up with your loved one on a soppy stroll in the fresh seaside air.
- Head to Trimley Marshes Nature Reserve for a hand-in-hand walk amongst the beautiful scenery and rich wildlife.
- Pop down to Felixstowe Ferry and stroll with your sweetheart alongside the river Deben with its bobbing sailing boats and historic Martello Towers.
- Promenade with your partner through the award-winning Seafront Gardens... cosy up in one of the little shelters with a flask of hot tea.
- Pack up a hamper with some food and drink goodies, then amble across the Landguard Nature Reserve to watch the sun go down over the Orwell estuary.
Romantic dinners, sweet treats and oysters too!
- Chef's specials, cocktails and live music. Book up a romantic dinner... at one of our fab hotels or restaurants in town. Please check out our Eat and Drink section for full details. Pre-booking is essential.
- The Orwell Hotel has a Valentine's Day candle light dinner on Friday 14 February (from 1800). Two courses £26.00, three courses £32.00 - with a glass of bubbly on arrival. Live vocals by Andrew Spall. 01394 285511.
- Enjoy a romantic carvery dinner for two on Friday 14 February at the Best Western Brook Hotel. £17.50 (two meals), serving from 1800-2100. The Brook is also offering a romantic Valentine's break - with an overnight stay on Saturday 15 February, a candlelit dinner, a bottle of Prosecco and breakfast for £99.00 per couple. 01394 278441.
- Yeo Group's Café Bencotto (01394 276745) and The Alex Brasserie (01394 282958) are taking bookings for Valentine’s (not just 2s!). Chef's Specials will be available alongside their full menu, and a selection of Cupid's Cocktails.
- The Spa Pavilion has a Valentine's 'Dine & Dance' on Friday 14 February. A night of food and entertainment with singer Laura Nicole. Tables available from 1900. Enjoy a meal from the full menu, or fixed price two and three course selection, or just come for a drink. 01394 336336.
- Romance on Felixstowe Pier... with a Valentine's Day (Friday 14 February) menu at The Boardwalk Café Bar. Two courses £23.00 per person. Three courses £28.00 per person. Includes a free glass of bubbly. Bookings from 1800-2000. 01394 288029.
- A touch of spice... Bombay Nite are offering a Valentine's Night Special on Friday 14 February. A four course meal with a bottle of house wine, chocolates and roses. £27.95 per person. Seatings at 1800 and 2030. 01394 272131.
- The Mariners Freehouse in Trimley St. Mary is offering a three course set Valentine's menu, with a gin fizz cocktail on arrival for £29.00 per person. 01394 670444.
- Steak Lobster & Co are offering a Valentine's three course menu, including a glass of prosecco on arrival on Friday 14 February. £35.00 per person. 01394 547257.
Cook up a Valentine’s Day meal at home using food and drink sourced from the town.
Start off in style with the aphrodisiac favourite - oysters. Pick some up at Felixstowe Fishmongers in Crescent Road. For a really hot main course - visit one of our traditional butchers, Michael's Butchers Limited in High Road East, S.J. Summers in High Road West or The Deben Butcher on Hamilton Road to purchase some pork, Suffolk’s prime meat.
Combine this with some potato mash mixed with mustard. End with something fruity - try strawberries from Fruit & Flowers in Hamilton Road and serve with plenty of fresh double cream. Don't forget to pick up your wine or bubbly to accompany the meal at the Wine Boutique in Hamilton Road.
More sweet treats at the Little Ice Cream Company on Undercliff Road West. Cuddle up and share a chocolate sundae made using delicious artisan ice cream. Whilst at The Cliff Top Cafe overlooking the sea and gardens, enjoy a heart-warming mug of hot cocoa and a slice of cake. Indulge yourself and your partner at The Waffle Shack (Undercliff Road West) with freshly baked waffles covered in rich maple syrup. The Orwell Hotel has a Valentine's Afternoon Tea, available from Friday 14 to Sunday 16 February. Includes a glass of fizz on arrival. £17.00 per person. 01394 285511.
If you are not in the mood for all this fancy stuff - then just head to the seafront to enjoy some fish and chips. Eat them on the prom watching the sunset.
Sparkling gems, sweet-smelling roses and luxury beauty treatments... something special to say just how much you love them.
- For gifts for him... try King's of Felixstowe with its wallets, mugs and watches; pick up colourful shirts and ties at Coes of Felixstowe and Toggs Clothing; unique sporting memorabilia from Nick Barber Auctions; or some specialist beers and wines at the Wine Boutique.
- Bloomin' marvellous! Sweet-smelling roses, hand tied bouquets and unique floral decs at Susan’s Flowers (Walton High Street).
- A Valentine's rockfest... with 'The Bon Jovi Experience' at The Spa Pavilion on Saturday 15 February (1930). All the hits - "Livin' On a Prayer", "Always", "It's My Life" and "You Give Love a Bad Name". Book tickets on 01394 284962.
- Here comes the bride... big day coming up in 2020? Then make a Valentine's visit to Ashton Jayne Bridal in Orwell Road, specialists in bridal wear, to check out the stunning dresses and accessories on offer.
- Pamper your loved one with a relaxing massage, spa body treatment or manicure at the Tranquility Beauty Rooms in High Road East (01394 279399 https://goo.gl/3L772K); or Serenity Health Beauty Wellbeing in Wolsey Gardens (01394 276223 https://bit.ly/2RGs92F).
- Don’t forget your card too... for a great selection and friendly personal service, plus gift wrap, ribbons and bows, check out The Card Centre (Hamilton Road).