Treats for Mum
Give your mum a real treat in the seaside town of Felixstowe - with our great selection of special events, fabulous gift ideas and delicious lunches for Mother’s Day.
Lunch with Mum
Pre-booking is essential for all of these.
- Best Western Brook Hotel has a Mothering Sunday three course lunch (including the traditional carvery) from 1200-2100. £19.95 per person. 01394 278441. www.brookhotelfelixstowe.com
- Down at Felixstowe Ferry, treat mum to some delicious fish and chips at the Ferry Boat Inn. 01394 284203. www.ferryboatinn.org.uk
- Enjoy a traditional Sunday lunch in Westerfield's Restaurant at The Orwell Hotel on Sunday 26 March. £21.25 per person for two courses, £25.95 per person for three courses. 01394 285511. www.theorwellhotel.co.uk
- Both The Alex on Undercliff Road West (01394 282958 www.alexcafebar.co.uk) and Café Bencotto on Hamilton Road (01394 276745 www.cafebencotto.co.uk) will have their full a la carte menu together with chef's specials for Mother’s Day.
- Tuck into a Sunday lunch traditional roast with mum at The Fludyers Hotel. Servings from 1200-1600. 01394 691929. www.thefludyers.co.uk
Something Special for Mum
Some treats to say just how much you care.
- Enjoy a wander through the award-winning Felixstowe Seafront Gardens, then end with a traditional cream tea with mum at The Cliff Top Cafe.
- Take mum to the Goslings Farm Shop in Trimley St. Martin for a yummy cake and pot of tea in the Garden Cafe, then pick up her favourite pot plant.
- Rejuvenate the senses with a treatment or two for mum at the Stress-Less Health and Beauty Clinic in Walton High Street (01394 276090 https://goo.gl/ov3stT); Tranquility Beauty Rooms in High Road East (01394 279399 https://goo.gl/3L772K); or House of Beauty in Orwell Road (01394 286777 https://goo.gl/UCM3Ec). All offer special packages and vouchers for Mother's Day.
- For the latest fashion accessories and clothing, explore the rails at Livia's Boutique, Madison Boutique, Curve Boutique and Lilac Wardrobe. Hills Jewellers, Boreham Christopher Jewellers and Gorgeous Jewels are the places to pick up something sparkly - earrings, charms and bracelets.
- Create something unique for mum at Crafty Coffee in Hamilton Road. Paint up a ceramic or go decopatching. You could also sign her up for an art/craft course in town, such as those run by Naomi Brangwyn (stained glass), Weaverbyrd Hand Weaving and Textile Art Studio and Felixstowe Sewing School.
- Brighten up her home with sweet-smelling blooms and unique floral decorations... from Susan's Flowers in Walton High Street.
- Don’t forget your Mother’s Day card too... for a great selection and friendly personal service, plus gift wrap, balloons, gift bags, ribbons and bows, check out the Flying Lady Wedding and Party Shop at Trimley St. Mary or The Card Centre