Nothing beats a great day out on the beach in Felixstowe.
Bring the whole family for a picnic on the sands, hang out and play some games with your friends or just relax in a deckchair with a good book.
- Four miles of sand/shingle beaches, from Felixstowe Ferry to Landguard.
- Bring your bucket and spade and create a magnificent sandcastle masterpiece.
- Take a little paddle, or a full refreshing dip in the sea.
- Go beachcombing... shells, starfish and mermaid purses.
- Spot the giant ships on the horizon arriving and departing at the Port of Felixstowe.
- Tuck into a cooling artisan ice cream or some yummy fish and chips on the beach.
Felixstowe has a beach for everyone...
Sand and shingle beach gently sloping to the sea in a sheltered bay.
Popular with families. Sand and shingle beach gently sloping to the sea in a
sheltered bay. This part of the beach (from Arwela Road to the Town Hall) held a Blue Flag and Seaside Award for 2020. To be awarded the prestigious Blue Flag, beaches must comply with several criteria covering environmental education and information, water quality, environmental management, safety and services.
- Check out the latest tide times at www.tidetimes.org.uk/felixstowe-pier-tide-times
- Click here to download the Harwich Harbour Tide Tables 2021.
Please note: this document is in pdf format, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print.
- Dog ban on beaches from Arwela Road to The Spa Pavilion from the 1 May to 30 September inclusive.
- Seafront toilets at Landguard (View Point Cafe), Manor Terrace car park, Martello Park (Changing Places: https://changingplaces.uktoiletmap.org), Beach Station, Felixstowe Leisure Centre, Town Hall Gardens, The Spa Pavilion, Bath Tap (Undercliff Road East), Golf Road car park, The Dip and Felixstowe Ferry. Toilets are generally open from 0700-1800 (Landguard from 0900).
- A full range of beach front kiosks offering refreshments (cakes, ice creams, hot food) and beach items (buckets, spades, crab nets, etc). Main kiosks at Martello Park, Ocean Boulevard, Felixstowe Pier, Bath Tap (Undercliff Road East), Brackenbury and The Dip.
- An all terrain beach wheel chair is available for hire from the Felixstowe Leisure Centre.
- Please take your litter away with you or put it in the seafront bins provided. Why not do a '2 Minute Beach Clean' (https://beachclean.net) during your visit - with equipment available from the Visit Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre beach hut (located on the prom, opposite Felixstowe Town Hall) and Ocean Boulevard.
- The Felixstowe Coast Patrol is Felixstowe's independent lifeboat. Their dedicated group of volunteers ensure our coastline remains safe through regular patrols and promoting sea safety. In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard. www.felixstowecoastpatrol.co.uk