The seaside town of Felixstowe in Suffolk is a unique, exciting and diverse location
for photographic opportunities - seaside fun, beautiful gardens, huge container
ships, historic buildings and rich wildlife habitats.
Enter the Felixstowe Photo Competition - and you could WIN a prize of £100
to put towards photographic equipment, plus an enlarged copy of your photograph.
We welcome everyone (all ages and abilities) to submit their photos of Felixstowe to us
on a general basis. However, for the purposes of the competition, could we
please ask you to enter just ONE photo into ONE of the themes. Thank you.
1. Please read through the full terms and conditions below before you enter our competition, these will provide you with all the details
to make sure your entry meets the correct criteria.
2. Choose ONE of the three competition themes (see below). Entrants may only submit ONE photograph for inclusion into ONE of the three themes.
3. Submit your photograph to the Felixstowe Photo Competition by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your full name, age, a telephone number where we can contact you (if there are any problems) and the theme you would like to enter.
There are three different themes to choose from:
Theme 1: Young Photographer. Open to those aged 16 years and under only. We want to see your pictures of Felixstowe which can be on any theme - BUT must aim to promote Felixstowe as a visitor destination. Eg - the beach, family fun, big ships, Landguard Fort, etc.
Theme 2: Seashore. Open to everyone over 16 years old. Eg - shells, starfish, seashore activities, etc.
Theme 3: Architecture. Open to everyone over 16 years old. Eg - buildings old and new, close up (patterns, texture) etc.
- The competition is open to UK residents only, including all amateur and professional photographers.
- All photographs must have been taken in the town of Felixstowe in Suffolk.
- The photograph must not have been published previously or won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- Entrants may only submit ONE photograph for inclusion into ONE of the three themes.
- Closing date for entry is 12pm on Wednesday 24 March 2021.
Need some inspiration? Then check out The Winner's Gallery of the Felixstowe Photo Competition 2020.
1. The Felixstowe Photo Competition has a number of terms and conditions for entry. These are important to ensure that the photograph you submit is both eligible to win and meets important legal and fair criteria. Note that any deviation from these terms and conditions may regretfully render your submission to the competition void.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. All photographs must have been taken in the town of Felixstowe in Suffolk. The photograph must not have been published previously or won a prize in any other photographic competition. Entrants may only submit ONE photograph for inclusion into ONE of the three themes.
4. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
5. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing entry to the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Visit Felixstowe, Felixstowe Town Council and the Landguard Partnership to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
6. All entries must be received by the advertised closing date and time.
7. Only one entry per person. Entries which are late, illegible, incomplete, offensive, defaced, corrupt or otherwise contrary to the spirit of the competition will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. If there is any doubt, the organisers will decide whether or not a photograph fulfils particular criteria for a given theme. If it does not it will be withdrawn. The organiser’s decision is final.
8. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
9. The competition is open to UK residents only, including all amateur and professional photographers. Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
10. Closing date for entries is 12pm on Wednesday 24 March 2021. From Monday 29 March to Monday 12 April 2021, there will be a period of online voting by the public on the Visit Felixstowe website at www.visitfelixstowe.org.uk This will determine the 12 competition winners - four from each of the three themes. A panel of judges will then pick the overall "Judges Choice" winner. The Judges decision is final. The “Judges Choice” winner will be officially announced at the Annual Town Meeting on Wednesday 12 May 2021.
11. The overall "Judges Choice" winner will win a prize of £100 to put towards photographic equipment, plus an enlarged copy of their photograph. No substitution prize will be offered. The organisers reserve the right to change the prize at any time.
12. In the event of any dispute English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts will prevail.
13. If you would like to send us feedback or any queries about the competition, please email us at email@example.com